Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Clapotis revealed

Finally, a free moment while there is sunlight and it isn't raining thanks to the woman who is quickly becoming one of my favorite people! Hi Sarah! She is my son's best friend's mother. And she doesn't read the blog - how dumb am I for the shout out to someone who will never know it!

As promised, here are pics and details of the clapotis. I only did 2 repeats of the increase section. I wasn't sure how much yarn it would take and I didn't want a stumpy scarf. Like it matters, I'm not keeping, not sure what my sensibilities have to do with anything... I blocked the snot out of it. I'm still not sure about that. I really like the way it curled up and the dropped stitches almost created the look of ribbing. But, it's stockinette and it curled and that drove me nuts.

The difference between the skeins is remarkable. What you are seeing is a pretty true representation of the color. The teal is just a bit blinding.

I have just another moment before I must retrieve Caleb - which he will hate. But I wanted to show you the most remarkable (to me) flower that showed up in our garden. Keep in mind that we rent while Eric is in school and the landlords have a pretty well established perennial garden going. I have been doing the upkeep on it because I love fresh flowers during the summer. This one must not have shown up last summer because I would have remembered.

Overall I am quite happy with how the side garden looks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Clapotis looks great! I'm probably the only person who hasn't taken it on, but now I'm tempted. BTW, your overdying project looks wonderful--one can never have enough purple yarn ;-)

6/01/2006 04:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh lovely poppy. We have those in our garden - the one that hasn't been tended in the last 7 years *cough*. But thanks to the irises and the poppies it looks great every summer! ;-)

The poppy's are spreading though, they're well named - when they seed, they very nearly "POP!" and spread them everywhere. We're getting them in some of the oddest places on our lawn - my little nephew keeps thinking they're thistles.

Lovely clapotis! Marisa isn't the only one who hasn't tried it yet - but I have been tempted more than once...

6/02/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty FO. I love the poppies!

6/03/2006 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home