Friday, May 05, 2006

Bad blogger

I've been thinking lately that I would like to increase the traffic to the blog. For me, part of the fun of blogging is reading comments. But, I have to admit, I am an inveterate lurker. I surf lots of blogs but don't leave many comments myself. Mostly, this is because, by the time I get around to posting, what I want to say has already been said. Once a posting has X number of posts, I don't see much point in saying "me too." On the other hand, I know that one of the best ways to increase traffic to my blog is to leave comments on the blogs of others. Just like me most bloggers check out who is checking them out. Its a conundrum. Putting soapbox away On the knitting front, I have started a new project using the gorgeous KimiK yarn that I bought off of ebay. Holy cow is it some nice feeling yarn. The fabric is a bit looser than what I would like for a sweater, but the drape and the hand are to die for. I don't know where she gets her yarn, but I love it. (now that I've said that, it is probably some of the dye your own from KnitPicks or something similar - just 'cuz that is my kind of karma lately) The colors are pooling nicely, not too much all at once. I do realize that this is more a product of the number of stitches than anything else, but still, it's nice that it is working the way I would like it to. The gusset is done on the Jaywalkers. Hopefully that means the entire sock will be done soon. Alas, as my house has not been invaded by either knitting or yarn fairies, I suspect that I may need to pick up the project for this to occur. Last night I was quite diligent. I knit a round, stopped and looked longingly at the KimiK yarn project sitting all by itself on the chair. Shaking myself mentally I knit another 2 whole rounds when my hands wilted onto my lap causing me to gaze at the KimiK for longer than was seemly. Mustering great fortitude, I cranked out another 2 rounds, then I had to pet it - the KimiK that is. It was a long evening of knitting without much accomplished. I will promise picture of the sock that won't end once they are both completed. Just a note to my mom - the destinee for the Jaywalkers. I am enjoying knitting them, its just with all of the false starts, finishing the second sock is really like knitting a third. Honest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I love visiting other blogs as you never know where that will lead you, but I know what you mean about commenting, but if I genuinely like what I see or what I read I will still leave a comment.

5/06/2006 05:00:00 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Hi Kris, it looks as if you're having fun with your ball winder. I should be getting my swift and winder soon. I can't wait to play with it. I'm a huge knitter blog lurker too! Thanks for your compliments on my ball of dyed yarn. I'm interested in seeing how they'll knit up into socks. I think your jaywalkers are beautiful! I'll have to keep my eye out for that yarn you used.

5/06/2006 08:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm officially leaving a comment after much lurking. I felt inspired to "come out of the closet." Comments are nice to have on your blog even if it is just a "me, too"!

5/07/2006 06:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too!

oh... wait...

:-$

Yeah, I never realized how cool comments were until I started blogging myself. Then I realized, I could do such a small thing and make somebody so happy!

(I know, I'm a sap :-P)

5/08/2006 01:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home