Monday, April 17, 2006

What was I thinking?

The last thing in the world I need is more yarn, right? Which is exactly why I bought this off of that evil, dangerous den of iniquity eBay. It is approximately 330 yards of handpainted fingering-weight merino. Not quite enough for socks (in my mind) and it isn't superwash. I have real issues about knitting socks that can't go in the washer. I am envisioning a hat of some sort. Any ideas to show off the beautiful yarn? Last night, I truly wanted a change from knitting things on teeny, tiny needles. So I decided to start this. So far, it looks like this. Not much, besides the eye-searing pink. However, my 3 year old niece will love it. She generally starts most conversations by telling you that pink is her favorite color. Meanwhile, the third second Jaywalker is proceeding.

Oh and the other baby hat - still not going anywhere...

6 Comments:

Blogger Cheeler said...

Thanks for the comment on my site! I'm assuming that your husband is at either MCW or Univ of Wisconsin-Madison. Best of luck to him and your family, I do hope he enjoys the flowchart. It's certainly helped me tremendously.
Cheers!

4/18/2006 01:01:00 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

The yarn is beautifull. I'm sure you'll find a pettern to show it off to its best advantage. Good luck!

4/18/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

What a little cutie. Your son looks like he's "all boy" in that really fun way, well, when you're not the parent trying to get him to do what you want him to do. My nephew is turning two this summer and he's just starting to show off his "all boy" personality. What about a mini Clapotis or even Flora for your new yarn? Have you checked out the new book One Skein for any ideas on small yardages? I didn't find anything in it that I was crazy about, but might be a possibility.

4/18/2006 09:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat's gonna be so cute! Beautiful yarn! Maybe the Coronet at knitty.com (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTcoronet.html ), maybe with the brim made of a contrasting color, like a dark purple? But that might need a heavier weight yarn. All though that pattern's pretty basic (it's just long strip of cabling added on sideways to the edge of a basic hat pattern) and might be easy to modify for more st per inch.

4/20/2006 01:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... btw, the first hat I was refering to that I said was gonna be so cute is that pink felted one you're working on...

I just realized I talked about two hats in the same post without specifying which hat I was talking about when ;-) LOL

4/20/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I like the look of the yarn, we never have enough do we!!!!

4/22/2006 01:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home