Saturday, April 08, 2006

Empty Nest

Man - there is one GREAT thing to say about not making boocoo bucks. We are gettting a very nice tax return between federal and state. This will take the heat off of the ol' savings account for a while. Meanwhile - I have been enjoying Destash quite a bit. I bought a skein of sock yarn from Grumperina and sold some mohair. As my birthday is coming up soon and DH prefers to shop on Amazon because of his obscenely busy schedule, I took advantage of this and created a wish list searchable by my email address. This way - I get the EXACT book I am drooling over. YUM. This next week I should get TONS of knitting done because my wonderfully generous sister has my 3 year old for the week. Her 5 year old has the week off of school because of the Easter holiday and he goes crazy with his 2 sisters. The boys adore each other and I've never seen any troubles between them even with the age gap. The jaywalkers are progressing nicely. The yellow that I picked up for the heels and toes is a pretty good match. The socks are snug on my ankle and somewhat loose on the foot. However, mom has narrower ankles and her feet are about the same width, so I think these will be okay. Mom - they will get washed before I deliver them! This hat has met an unfortunate demise. While I liked the pooling on the ribbing the flashing on the main portion was driving me crazy. So, now I am looking for some sort of stitch pattern to help break up varigation. I tried eye of partridge, but it didn't do it for me. I did add 4 more stitches and will see if that is enough to change the pooling. I was blog surfing the other night (as there was a lack of knitting progress - hence very boring blog fodder and lack of recent posts) and stumbled across this gem. I like the idea of a post that tells you my faithlessful reader of neat stuff I have found. (Again, this will help out when the knitting is scant.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope changing the stich in your hat helps. (I think it looked just fine--nice stripes, not those ugly big blobs of pooling colors.)

BTW, I am totally drooling over those knitting treasurey books on your wish list--I've never seen them before. Oh, what fun! Makes me want to start another project.

4/10/2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Can't wait to see the finished Blaze. It looks really nice on you. I've seen lots of bloggers have trouble with the fit on that project, but it is very flattering on you, even with the wider neckline. I definitely think it's the circs under the arms!

4/10/2006 07:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom has the first and second of the knitting treasury books, they lend so much inspiration just by leafing through them!

4/10/2006 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home