Saturday, April 01, 2006

Whew

Sorry for not being around more. This last week at work we had our semi-annual sales meeting. This meant that our entire sales staff, from around the world, was in our office for the week. Thankfully, all of them from abroad are now either home, or on there way. I truly love having them around. I get a chance to brush up on my Portuguese while chatting with the reps from Brazil, I get to sit down and talk about the intricacies of language acquisition with our Polish rep, and above all, I eat like a pig on the company. All in all during the last week, I probably sat through close to 15-20 hours of meetings. On top of that I was at work early several days. I am so glad it is done. The (work) projects I had been working on are now either done, or nearly so. The online store that I had been merchandising is up and functional. The other big project, the first phase is complete and we intend to have the rest done by the end of next week. The net result is that I haven't had much knitting time lately. I did finish Blaze and wore it on Tuesday when I had to give my presentation, but it needs some revamping before I put the final pics up on the blog. I need to redo the neck line because it sagged a bit by the end of the day. Thanks to everyone for the comments on Blaze. And Joe? Thanks for the complement on the new do.

My intense desire to not get started on another big project has yielded this. A friend from work is having a baby and they are not finding out the sex. So, this will be just a generic baby hat once it is done. I was to lazy to try again actually like how it pooled on the ribbing. There is a bit more of the pooling on the body of the hat, but we'll see how it finishes up.

I have ripped out the heel on the Jaywalkers and joined the new ball that I found that matches pretty well, but because I desperately want to knit without a pattern, I have been working on just the hat.

I have a quick summer tank that I want to do, but I am not sure that I have quite enough yarn for the pattern I have picked. We'll see how it swatches. I am hoping that my gauge is off and that I can drop some of the st st areas down to fewer stitches. Hopefully, it might be enough to do it.

Today Caleb and I went to Wal-mart and got this. I am inordinately excited. Granted, we rent our apartment, but we have white/cream carpet in 3 rooms including the living room. With a 3 year old, it gets a lot of foot traffic and looks pretty grungy. My choices were to rent every time I wanted to clean the carpets or buy. As my time is precious to me and I hate being beholden to someone else, we broke down and purchased it. If we use it just 8 times, it will be paid for. Not a problem. I did the bedrooms today and they both look so much better. (I refuse to show before and after pics because it will just emphasize how slovenly I can be.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

I too like the pooling on the hat. And I too would have bought the steam vac. We have hardwood floors and a cleaning lady: that's how lazy I am.

4/02/2006 06:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pooling in the hat is great--great colors, too ;-)

4/03/2006 08:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home