Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Presenting...

the hat.

That would be Eric modeling. Note the post exam beer in the background.

It came out pretty well, the only thing I wish I could improve is the lining. The top looks a bit lumpy in spots because of the thick seams, but I never claimed to be good at sewing - hence the Olympic nature of the project. I took it to my knitting group tonight and a guy sitting at the coffee shop said that it was a cool hat and that he would buy it. I was torn between elation that some random stranger liked my work and despair that I didn't have my camera to take his picture.

In other knitting news, it feels great to be knitting with something other than Peruvian Highland. The Suri Merino for Blaze is just heaven in comparison. It is growing, more slowly than surely, but I haven't had much knitting time lately.

Jaywalkers are also progressing nicely, now that I am on my third attempt. The first was too large all the way around and I bit the bullet before I got more than a few rounds into the pattern. The second attempt, I apparently did not learn anything from the first attempt as I cast on even more stitches and started again. Obviously, this would be a classic case of knitter's denial. Luckily, the third time's the charm and by going down a needle size and casting on the same number of stitches as attempt #1 (the larger size in the main pattern), it finally seems to be working. At the last try, it fit over my heel.

I will most likely not be posting until next week as I am heading out to the funeral on Thursday morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

The jaywalkers are looking good, what lovely colours.

Also a huge congrats. with your gold medal achievement.

2/28/2006 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looking forward to seeing Blaze - seems like an intriguing pattern.

3/04/2006 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hey! I love your site! It was so nice to see you tonight! I didn't realize how much I missed Tuesday nights. I'll make sure to put you down as a place to visit on my blog.......also.....the www worked!

3/07/2006 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home