Thursday, February 16, 2006

We interupt our regularly scheduled knitting

for a freaking blizzard! We got about 6 inches of wet snow today. Eric and I shoveled for at least 6 hours today, if you total it all up. BLECH! I am stiff and sore tonight. Here is a picture out of our front door this afternoon. This was after I shoveled for almost 2 hours, see all the snow on the driveway again. Hmmm.... me thinks Florida sounds good right now.

On the knitting front, we finally have progress on the hat! I started over swatched a minimum of 4 times. Eric then said tonight that it would probably end up too small. As he way laying on the couch next to me, I threatened to poke him in the ear with my size 4 if he kept it up.

As it is, I finally have the knitted hem done. I really wanted this because I am going to line the hat and I don't want any stitching to show on the out side. Here is a pretty clear picture of the color.

Here's hoping that the endless rounds of 2x2 ribbing don't drive me batty. Make me wish for a bit of stockinette.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were supposed to get six to ten inches, but didn't even see one flake. I suppose that's what happens when the weather oracles start announcing a major blizzard several days in advance. Hope the lining in your hat goes well. I haven't had the nerve to sew anything onto my knitting yet, keep us updated :)

2/16/2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh wow, for an Aussie that is an awesome sight. Oh yes we do get snow here but you have to go up the mountains to see it like that.

2/17/2006 01:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your encouraging comments. I don't usually get so manic, but sometimes everything just catches up to you. Thanks for listening, or reading, I really appreciate it. :)

2/19/2006 12:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home