Sunday, February 05, 2006

Blazing Sweaters

This is the one piece I MUST finish before the Knitting Olympics. Granted, there are others that linger in the knitting basket, but lets just pretend they aren't there.

It is Blaze from Knitty.com. It is beautiful in all of its purply goodness. But given that I live in Wisconsin, I had to lengthen the sleeves. Otherwise, the window of opportunity to wear this sweater would be about 2 weeks a year. Here is close up of all of the increases.

I'm quite pleased with how it is all coming together. There were a few mis-adventures along the way, we just won't speak of trying to do 2 sleeves on 2 circs all while cabling without a needle. It is just flying along now that I am back on my set of 5 dpn. Here's hoping that I get the second sleeve done before the opening ceremony. I'm not holding my breath.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skepteach said...

I like the purple. What yarn are you using?
I've wanted to knit this pattern for a while now but have never had any time. Let us know if you have any advice on knitting this pattern.

2/06/2006 05:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home