Saturday, February 04, 2006

I've Found a Victim!

Today I received the sweetest words a knitter can hear. My mom and I were talking today and she said, "you know the yarn store here in town is having a Superbowl sale. If I buy some more sock yarn, can you knit me some more socks because I love the ones you made me." What could I say besides "be sure to buy superwash unless you want hand wash your socks." It seems like a match made in heaven, I love knitting socks and she likes wearing them. It helps that she has normal sized feet too! I decided to start this blog for a couple of reasons.
  • First and foremost, I would like a way to record all of the knitting I do. I seem to underestimate what I can accomplish in a year. Besides, it is pretty hard to include all of the pictures in a paper journal.
  • Secondly, I decided, somewhat foolishly, to join the Knitting Olympics and a blog just seems like the right place to record the progress, or lack thereof, I make.
  • Thirdly, a recent post on the yarnharlot got me thinking. I often feel the need to knit that goes far beyond the simple act of creating a garment or object. To me it is quite often a meditative process, one that calms my spirit and revitalizes me for what comes next.


I have 7 skeins of yumminess to knit up into a sweater for the KO. Here's hoping I make it. Of course the yarn is discontinued, so it has to work.

The color is a bit more pumpkin-y than what shows up here, but it is truely a delight to knit.

4 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Oh orange, How do I love thee, Let me count the ways.

Thanks for starting a sock blog. It's so much fun to nose about all over the web looking at socks.

Best Wishes!

lella

2/05/2006 12:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you like orange, huh? *g So what sweater pattern are you knitting for the Olympics...or are you doing your own thing?

2/05/2006 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Skepteach said...

I like the orange yarn.
Enjoy getting sucked into the blogging world...

2/05/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Living in Austin and being a UT fan, I love the orange! I'll keep watching and wish you happy knitting during the KO.

2/06/2006 07:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home