Wednesday, February 08, 2006

KO update

In light of the fact that the tendonitis is not getting better any time soon, the Rowan Magpie sweater is out for my KO project. I am switching to a much more manageable cabled hat for hubby, to match a scarf that I made for him several years ago. The original yarn is long forgotten, but, he picked out the color for the new hat and I will attempt to match the cable pattern. On a lighter note I did find the following safety instructions for the Knitting Olympics. If only I had heeded her advice, I might not be trying to sign up for the Knitting Para-Olympics. Yesterday, a co-worker dropped this magazine on my desk, he is a mechanical engineer and I am terrified of math. I had to laugh because my first comment was that it looked like nice and expensive yarn. I didn't even look at the article, as I was completely entranced by the aforementioned yarn. This weekend I also received this pattern from my next door neighbor. I am guessing it is from the late 50's or early 60's, the original price was just 25 cents. If you leave off the daisy's and the lattice colorwork, it's pretty nice. I like the cut of the sweater, if there was a little waist shaping, is what I really mean. But is is a bit hard to get past the weird pose she is in. To be honest, I always wonder what happens when an elderly knitter passes away and her family and friends don't knit. What happens to all of the patterns she has stashed away over the years. My guess is that they all end up in the local landfill. Personally, I love all of these old patterns, many times more than ones I see on the news stands. I can't honestly be the only one out there collecting vintage patterns just because I don't want to see them distroyed. Am I?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The scarf is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the hat too!

2/11/2006 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home