Sunday, February 19, 2006

Change of event?

Maybe I should have picked staying with one project as my KO goal. Just 1 week into it, I have already jumped ship. The hat is going well, I have started the decreases.

I did something here I almost never do. Yep a lifeline. Since I'm not following a pattern, and my goal is to maintain ribbing intact all the way to the top, I thought it would be wise to put in a lifeline before I started the decreases, in case I change my mind redesign at some point. Hmm, planning ahead. What a concept.

Unfortunately, this grabbed my attention.

This is one of the 2 yarns that I got from my mom last weekend. She definitely trends towards bright colors, which is soooo much fun. These are destined to be Jaywalkers. I haven't been able to get the gauge specified in the pattern. I am at 9 st/inch in st st. Grumperina was kind enough to write out additional sizes, so I am hoping that one of them will accommodate the tighter gauge.

Because Eric is heading into exams this week and next, knitting time has been scarce. In addition, we seem to have hit the terrible threes Chez Knitter. Caleb is beyond defiant, beyond sassy and beyond contrite for both. Here he is at a minor league hockey game yesterday with some friends from school. He had so much fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sock yarn! I'm already thinking about new projects, too. Hopefully I can keep myself from casting on before the end of the KO. BTW, that's one pretty cute little kid you've got--it makes up for the bits of temper and sass, right? ;)

2/20/2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I know my mother-in-law would be happy to know that you enjoyed her story.

I really like your blog. You are off to a great start! Good luck with your Knitting Olympics project.

2/20/2006 05:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home