Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Having a bad day Mr. Button?

This is just a quick post on the sly at work... I was watching the women's figure skating short program Tuesday night and was incensed by the comments from Dick Button. He was snide and snarky throughout the entire evening. Normally, he is quite nice to listen to because he usually manages to come up with something nice to say about everyone. However, there were a few girls that he just ripped to shreds. All I could think was that they will watch these tapes someday and hear how they were disparaged which will just magnify the disappointment that they felt. I have to believe that each of them tried their best and if they aren't Sasha Cohen, so what. They tried and that is all that matters. What about Olympic Spirit? What about giving them credit for having the guts to get out on the ice knowing that they have no chance of winning a medal? What about if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all? On a knitting note, I think I finally figured out how I want to do the decreases on the hat. No pictures today. I hope to have some tomorrow, but the piles of laundry on the dining room table are starting to overwhelm me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just caught the replay of Sasha's program. D@mn that girl can skate! Good thing Mr. Button isn't commenting on the KO, he may have been dodging a lot of flying needles.

Can't wait to see your hat. Only 4 days left. Panic in 3,2,1...

2/23/2006 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home