Sunday, March 26, 2006

Catch up

Even though yesterday's post was only about Blaze, I actually did quite a bit on Saturday. First and foremost, I got a long overdue haircut. The last time it was cut was Halloween. I committed a huge faux pas because I went to the same salon, but saw a different stylist. I wasn't thrilled with the guy that had been cutting my hair and the silence was always very awkward. So, I decided to try a new stylist. Wouldn't you know it the other one was working and actually said hi to me. Oh well, I L.O.V.E. the new cut and the new stylist was much more talkative. As he was drying it, the owner of the salon came over and complemented the new cut and played with my hair. Somehow, that just made my day. I also mailed off the little leftover balls of sock yarn to Major Knitter. I was wondering what to do with them, now they have found a much better home and are no longer staring me in the face every time I dig into the depths of my knitting baskets. I love getting rid of guilt. A quick stop at the LYS yielded a skein of bright yellow sock yarn to use for the heels and toes of the Jaywalkers for Mom. To ensure that I had the best choice, I drove to the other side of the city and checked out a new (to me) store. It was a cute shop and I found just the right pattern for a felted hat for my 3 year old niece. I can't wait to start it. I will post pictures of Blaze once I bind off and block it. I am dying to wear it to work. I finally decided to do a 3 needle bind off under the arms. It isn't as pretty as grafting (this assumes that the grafter knows what they are doing - not necessarily a valid assumption for me), but it is done, there are no holes and no profanity was uttered during the process. It is the only seam on the sweater and it is under the arm. I can live with that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished pics!

3/27/2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Good on you for having the guts to change hairdressers, it was obviously worth it.

3/28/2006 05:05:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I love how "blaze" is coming along!It is such a good color on you! Hey! Where is this new yarn store you found? I NEED TO KNOW! Hopefully, you'll be able to make it to Starbucks tonight! Also, thanks for referring to me as a "damn fine knitter"! I actually chuckled!

3/28/2006 07:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen the great haircut and blaze in person and both are certainly top notch.
As an outsider and non-knitter I am absolutely amazed at the skill set and detail involved. There is something very rich and rewarding to see simple yarn turned into smile creating pieces. All the time and love put into knitting makes anyones creation a truly priceless treasure.
Blaze turned out beautifully with excellent style and function. Neck line may have been a concern early, but the finished result is a refreshing balance - not to tight and stuffy like most sweaters and not too loose and ill-fitting. As a whole blaze is very attractive but still corporate friendly.
Cudos to anyone with the knitting bug who brings great things to life. I envy you all and hope more people join in your interests.
Sincerely, Pumpkin Mover

4/01/2006 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home