Friday, March 24, 2006

my first meme

I was reading Kathy's blog and found this meme and couldn't resist the opportunity to highlight some of my favorite blogs. The original is on JenLa . The rules are pretty simple, you aren't supposed to repeat a blog for more than one entry. 1. A blog which you think people have not discovered.
I have 2 that I really like. I can totally relate to the location for Marisa's blog, not to mention being amazed her beautiful cabled sweater. The other is Pink Dandelion. Who can resist such a great name, besides, she's awfully funny.
2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative. This one I am drawing a blank on - I don't surf that many blogs... 3. An unusual or weird animal picture. I'm skipping this one as it isn't knitting related. 4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers.
This one had me nearly in tears. It brought back memories of Marlin Perkins from Wild Kingdom whispering in the background while pointing at a pack of lions.
5. An idea you wish you’d thought of.
Gosh - there are so many. Knittinghelp.com is one of them. I love the idea of having all of that useful knowledge in one place. Knitters Review is another. Clara rocks for putting together such a great site.
6. Something you’d like to knit.
I can't wait to knit Grumperina's Odessa hat. I am supremely confident that it is as easy to follow as the rest of her patterns. There are a couple of sweaters that I adore on a French site. But as my French is subpar, these will have to linger in the want to knit pile. I will add a link when I am back on our PC, I am posting tonight from Eric's laptop which doesn't have any of my bookmarks.
7. A picture of something you consider beautiful. I'm going to have to come back to this one. 8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person.
Besides our beloved Harlot, I would like to meet Grumperina. I get a kick out of her obsessive perfectionism, but love to reap the benefits.
9. A blog of someone you have already met in person.

This is my friend Tracy's blog. She is part of the knitting group that I go to on Tuesdays. She is one of those amazing people who lights up a room the instant she walks into it. She is hysterically funny and a damn fine knitter.

On an actually knitting note, I have finally started the decreases on Blaze. I am so excited that I might actually be able to wear this sweater before winter is over. Unfortunately, it doesn't look any different than it has in days.

I just keep hoping that this sweater will eventually end and be wearable. I am not feeling all that confident. There is nothing wrong with it. My gut says that it is just that I am tired of the project and that there is no problem. On the other hand, my supersensitive skin is feeling a bit itchy when I try it on and it does weigh significantly more than I had anticipated. I would have thought that with the 50+% alpaca that it would be lighter weight than it is. I still love the color and the pattern, so I don't think that is the issue.

On top of all of that, I still have so much work to do for work this weekend. We are having a sales meeting next week and there are 2 massive projects that both are due Monday. One should have been done today, but it just wasn't possible. I was supposed to put together my presentation (thankfully it is short) by the 20th, but that date has long since passed and I still haven't started it yet.

I think I'll go lie down now and hopefully it will be better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was ROFLing at Marisa's blog - thanks for sharing!

awww bummer on the socks - maybe they're meant to be stripey socks! ;)

3/24/2006 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for listing me in your meme! I feel so special! I saw the meme too, but I really haven't a clue for most of them. (Thanks for sharing the links, I got a good laugh from Pink Dandelion's blog ;-)

Blaze sure is looking good--not too much farther!

3/25/2006 04:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://ccytgkbs.com/iyyl/wmsm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ucoizeva.com/fipi/fnwu.html]Cool site[/url]

7/20/2006 10:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home