Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Let freedom ring

We are having so much fun while childless for the week. Last night was knitting at Starbucks. My friend Tracy cracks me up. She is taking a new exercise class based on pole dancing. I was laughing so hard at her descriptions of the women doing all of these moves.

Hi Tracy! Again the Jaywalker is proceeding apace. I am down to toe. I have to admit that I am not looking all that forward to knitting the next one. I like the pattern, but as I swatched the stitch pattern about 3 times and have done the heel twice it's as if I have already knit both socks.

I was playing on ebay tonight and won this. Not like I need anymore sock yarn. But, as this isn't superwash, I am thinking that it will become a hat for me. I like the color and the price. However, my next project is going to be a tank top for me. I have 3 skeins of a very rich purple cotton that I am hoping will be enough for a snug fitting tank. We went downtown again tonight to an old industrial section that has been renovated into a very cool, hip area with shops, restaurants and tons of condos. We got dinner at a place called Wicked Hop. The food was very good, mixed drink was excellent and the atmosphere was very cool. The place was an old warehouse (multiple story) and the restaurant was on the first floor. There was an upper area that overlooked the bar area and the ceiling was all open to the original beams and studs. Very cool to think that someone hand crafted the building nearly 100 years ago. As you walk through the neighborhood, many of the buildings are on the National Historic Register. Too bad that my way cool new purse is not big enough to accommodate my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home