Saturday, April 22, 2006

The very pink hat

It came out so much better than I expected. I called my sister this morning to get my niece's head circumference. While I would have preferred to not tip my hand, I would hate to give it to her and have it not fit. There is something enchanting about felting. I love the fact that you start with something so ridiculously huge and it ends up being just the right size. How lovely!

I am impressed with how the variegation came out just as specks in the finished hat. Now I am back to the Jaywalkers.

Work has been insane lately. My co-worker was given an ultimatum to either stop making mistakes or turn in her resignation. She chose the latter, so now, I am doing her work as well. It is not a pretty picture. The worst is that she was not doing a good job with things (duh - hence the ultimatum) so there is a lot of clean up and fixing things that were not done properly.

On the plus side, I now get to cherry pick which of the job duties I would like. She did tradeshow coordination as well which means that occasionally she had to travel. As I started as an Account Representative in the company, I know a lot of the customers, so getting out and seeing them is very attractive to me. We'll see how it all shakes out once the shock wears off. Unfortunately, I am having to bring work home on a regular basis now, just to try and keep afloat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat's so cute!

The work situation stinks though :-P . Hope things straighten out some for you soon...

4/22/2006 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Great color in that hat - you're right about the variagation working out fabulously.

4/23/2006 05:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home