Monday, May 01, 2006

My new toy

I started this post on Friday of last week. I am WAY to lazy to edit it and start over. So, change all of the today's to Friday's. This post is very picture heavy - so grab a cup of your favorite beverage and hang for a bit. My ball winder arrived today. It appears to be an older model where the guide for the yarn moves and the post stays in the same position. I was a bit nervous while bidding on it, but it works perfectly.

I turned this

Into this. Which begs the question, what am I going to do with it now?

But what made me even happier was turning 1200 yards of cobweb weight black thread into this tidy little ball. What you barely see at the bottom of the ball, next to the thread yarn, is a size 0 needle.

Eric snapped a couple of pictures of me winding the black thread (honestly, this stuff is too thin to consider yarn - what was I thinking). Doncha love the improvised swift? After the most recent credit card bill, I will be using this one for quite a while!

Even with the winder it still took more than 20 minutes to wind this ball. But, had I been doing in around my thumb, it would have taken house.

I finished the baby hat and that is going in the sell pile for the craft fair this fall. I know it looks like the umbilical hat from S'n'B but I don't have that book, and have been knitting these since who knows when.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... aren't ball winders dreamy?!...


That hat's adorable!

Love your swift ;-)

5/02/2006 07:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, that's a great idea for a swift.....my ball winder usually gets ignored because I can't find anything that works for a swift. Then again, I'm not usually winding thread either. ;-)

5/02/2006 01:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee - your swift is great! As long as it works.

I love my ball winder and swift. Looove.

5/02/2006 02:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home