Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Template Changes

I was playing around with the settings on Blogger this weekend and somehow managed to delete my template. I was NOT HAPPY. Luckily, I try to keep things fairly simple and it wasn't horrible to recreate. The downside is that I somehow turned off the comments on the blog. Sorry. The upside is that the new header contains a picture I took of the yarn I won on that evil, dangerous den of iniquity eBay. Psst, KimiK has some BEAUTIFUL yarns, cheap too! Then, I went out and bought this. You know what this means? Right. I can finally start winding the cobweb weight black yarn that I got to knit my first ever lace shawl for my mother-in-law. The stuff is 12oo yarns to a skein. There is no way I want to wind that puppy around my freakin' thumb. Oddly enough, last night, Eric asked how much I spend on my hobby. I was completely honest and said that I don't really know. (Hey, ignorance is bliss.) I also carefully explained that I tend to buy yarn in spurts. Hoarding ravenously as if there is a worldwide wool shortage coming soon stocking up and then carefully knitting the stash, rationing it out to last until the next 40% sale or store closing comes along. I think he may have believed me, or at least he stopped questioning. Really, though, is it fair to question the value of tools like ball winder that was had for $31 including shipping, or the 400 yards of handpainted wool for under $10. I don't think so either. On top of all of that, my mom emails me to say that she, my sister and 2 of my aunts are getting a booth at a local craft show and would I like to join in? Um, yeah. I can't wait to use up some of my stash knitting up baby caps to sell. I just have to see how much my share of the booth would be. Divided 5 ways it shouldn't be too bad. Speaking of knitting, truly, this is a knitting blog. Jaywalkers now have half a heel flap. I am so loving the heel stitch. For some reason I have previously resisted all attempts to use it. Its cushy plushness is enchanting. I think for the next top down pair, I will try to use the eye of partridge stitch.

And the baby hat? Well, interesting you ask, because it looks just like it did before I decided to rip it out.

The pooling is less obnoxious this time around. While there is still some flashing, there isn't the huge diagonal line across the entire thing. I have a feeling that this baby will be sold at the craft fair.

I also have an idea rolling around for a felted bag, but I need to work out the stitch pattern first. I have the yarn, I just need to swatch it out. Hmmm, this might just be the push I need to do it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I like the new template! *laughs* My husband knows how much I've spent at one particular yarn shop....I'll spill the details when I finish that stupid snowmobile sweater.....evil zippers......

4/26/2006 11:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The template change threw me for a little bit of a loop the first time. I was like "wait... is this...? oh, yeah..." LOL, but I do like it!

I've been working on a felted bag pattern too. Must be something in the air.

4/28/2006 05:27:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I love that pink felted hat. Have you tried Cascade Quatro? It does the same splotchy thing when you felt it, very cool. Two questions for your knitting expertise: Are the Jaywalkers difficult? I've got some striped yarn that would be perfect for them but have heard that some people had trouble with the pattern. And what shawl pattern are you planning for the cobweb weight? I have two skeins that I picked up on a whim but talk about intimidating... tiny, tiny, tiny! You'll have to be my inspiration to actually give it a go.

4/28/2006 09:10:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Love the new look, at least you didn't delete everything.

4/29/2006 04:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home