Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Oh crap

It looks as if I have fallen victim to my own sense of inadequacy and join a KAL. Check out the new button. Good thing I got the toy when I did. It would have been a real pain to wind all that yarn by hand. I already have the pattern picked out and am just waiting to start. Not as if I didn't have anything better to do in my "free" time. The Jaywalkers are progressing. Sorry, no picture, I am just about done with the gusset. Been there, done that. These appear to be identical twins, we'll see how they finish up. I am still designing (mentally) a felted handbag. I'm just not sure what exactly I want to do. I am thinking a shape that is similar to the Sophie bag, but I definately want to add some color work to this. Maybe a houndstooth type pattern. Although I am having some difficulty in getting my hands on that particular stitch. Hopefully this weekend I can get to the library by myself and see if they have a Barbara Walker Treasury on the shelf. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I should use a zigzag done with stranded color work, not like the jaywalkers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I just remembered this pattern for a felted houndstooth type bag that I've always wanted to do. Not sure it will help, but thought I'd pass along the link if you need inspiration for your design: http://home.earthlink.net/~brooks7/pats/ElleBag.pdf

5/05/2006 10:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home