2 down a bazillion to go
I managed to finish two projects this weekend. Granted neither were particularly difficult (provide that one can count stitches). The simple garter knit scarf from the discount yarn that I will sell at the craft show is now done. As is my clapotis. I blocked the clapotis as I wasn't keen on how it was curling up. Duh - stockinette. Oh well, either way, I love it and am very tempted to buy more of the kimik yarn just to make this again. However, I have oodles of yarn in my stash that needs to be worked before I can consider buying more just for the sake of stash enhancement. But so far, the best has been overdyeing the ugly gray and white yarn that I bought on clearance. I was not enamored of it but couldn't resist the price when I bought it. As I am on a bit of a purple kick lately, I decided to overdye it. As I mentioned yesterday, I started using the Paas, but it didn't really come out as I hoped. So, I picked up a bunch of kool-aide at the grocery store yesterday. As there are a lot of great tutorials out there on Kool-aide dyeing, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. I used a ration of 3 packs of Kool-aide for each 3.5 oz. skein. I used 2 grapes and 1 black cherry and it came out beautifully. I am so happy with the results. The shades of color are much better than I expected. When I used the Paas, I heated the dyepot on the stove, but for the Kool-aide, I stuck the pot out in the sun because it was about 90 degrees yesterday - blech. I have already wound the first hank into a ball and cast on for another felted hat.