Ribbit goes the tank
quickly became this.
I have made good progress on the newest pair of socks. Then, I made the critical error of trying to fit it over my cankles. No go.
Here is the revised progress. I had to purchase needles that are 2.5mm which I didn't have. These seem to be working much better for the yarn.
On the yarn saga front, I think it finally all resolved. Last Friday, I snuck out of work a bit early and drove across town to exchange the skein of the KPPPM for another one. I had 2 skeins being held so there was no danger of not getting the 2 skeins (my luck held on this one). I explained the situation to the clerks who where a bit stunned. I asked that they wind the 2 skeins and while they dragged their feet a bit, the did wind them for me. Somehow in the confusion of leaving I didn't pay for the second skein that they were holding me. I managed to come out on top of the deal which thrilled me, it shorted the store, which didn't break my heart and now I know I have enough to knit the socks.