Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Packages

Today on my way home from work, after picking up Bubba, I stopped and got my glasses fixed. Had to. Stepped on them this weekend. Luckily I was able to force them back into a semblance of the proper shape, but they were a bit crooked on my face. I would not have gone to the mall if I had know what was waiting at home. I was so excited when I saw the box. Eric ordered these for me back before Mother's Day and they finally arrived today. I could hardly decide which to read first. In the end, I couldn't make up my mind and tried them all. I too have been suffering from Startitis. The Amazing Lace is partly to blame. I have still not found the right pattern for the thread cobweb weight yarn. I keep looking and everything I see, the pattern either costs an arm and a leg for just the pattern or it is for laceweight. We'll see what I come up with. In the meantime, to stave off boredom, I started a tank top. Granted, it is already June, so I need to get cracking if I have a snowball's chance in August of wearing it yet this summer. (Sorry for the crappy pics - there is no macro lens on this vintage digital camera.) I am so loving the twisted rib patterning. Hopefully the 3 skeins of Cotton Fleece will be enough. It's all I have. It was on clearance. Personally, I think the fates are against me. This is coming out. As is the same amount of progress in thread. Blech. I am contemplating this for the AL, but because it is just 4 row repeat, it seems like cheating. I have pretty much decided that I would like to use up the sport-weight TFA, but am still searching for a pattern. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I certainly don't have startitis... When I went looking around a little for good patterns in cobweb (really only turning up books like a gathering of lace - cool book mind you, but certainly not a free or just-one-and-cheap pattern.) and the Print O' The Wave stole (PDF) I came up with some 1920's german doily patterns and have already cast this on for my grandmother! aaargh. I so did NOT need another project OTN

6/08/2006 05:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I certainly don't have startitis... When I went looking around a little for good patterns in cobweb (really only turning up books like a gathering of lace - cool book mind you, but certainly not a free or just-one-and-cheap pattern.) and the Print O' The Wave stole (PDF) I came up with some 1920's german doily patterns and have already cast this on for my grandmother! aaargh. I so did NOT need another project OTN

6/08/2006 05:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double comment - my internet was being wonky. (With my luck - THIS will double post too :-P)

6/08/2006 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home