Friday, June 16, 2006

What a sweet surprise

Today is a bit bittersweet. On one hand, I am a bit sad because Caleb has gone to spend some time at my sister's house playing with his cousins. I already miss his sweet, slightly sticky self. On the other hand, I am child-free for a weekend. I can't even remember the last time that happened. Hopefully at the end of it, my house will be clean (or not). Both halves of the purple tank are approximately the same length.

I am figuring that I will knit until I reach the end of the shorter (swatched from) skein and see how it looks. Judging by the fact that the number of stitches at the waist and the bust are equal, I think I will need to add at least 1-1/2" in the middle. (Being tall sucks - all of your sweaters take longer. Why can't I be 5'5" instead of nearly 5'9"? Just think of all of the yarn I could save.)

The lace is much more fun an challenging than the other pattern. On this one, all even rows are purled except for a garter stitch boarder. But on the right side, the pattern is charted to the center, then you reverse and knit it back. It can be tricky because you have to reverse all of the K2tog and SSK's. Fun. So, here is the obligatory lace in the flowers shot.

I put in a lifeline now I can't remember which row it equates to. Oh well.

But the sweet surprise is what was waiting in the mail for me today. A while ago, I sent off some leftover sock yarn from my first couple of pairs to Jennifer. Today, I received my sample Knit Notes. I love them so much, it is neat to see how well they turned out. The best part is that she kept meticulous notes and made sure that each knitter's samples cards contained the yarn that (s)he donated.

These are from the Christmas presents I have to my mom and sister. Eventually she will have these blank cards up on her blog for purchase. Thanks Jennifer, they rock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Those cards are fabulous, and this is the first place I've seen them - thanks for sharing!

6/17/2006 01:23:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your child-free weekend. : ) IT is probably nice to get a little break, even though you miss him a ton.

6/18/2006 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home