Friday, July 21, 2006

Okay, I lied

This post is VERY picture intensive, grab a cup (or 2) of your favorite libation and sit back. Turns out the camera isn't dead after all. It was the batteries, duh. Which is very strange because normally when that happens, I end up with this HUGE 3-5 second lag between pictures. This time however, the battery indicator showed that the battery was full and there was no lag. All of a sudden, poof, no more ability to take pictures. The worst part is that it happened in the middle of the show in Houston and I had no way to get more batteries. I'm very glad that I don't have to buy a new camera right now. I got a huge amount knit on the trip. I was so frustrated that I didn't want to do anything that was even remotely work related during my down time. So, I got all but the toe of one of the RPM socks done and started the second. I wasn't about to peel the shoes off my feet to see if the socks were the right length on the plane. Not cool.

Here is a progress picture. Not to bad considering I was doing these a needle short of what I would have liked.

I have stayed pretty true to the pattern execpt that I did the eye of partridge stitch on the heel instead of the heel stitch that was called for. I adore how it comes out in a hand painted yarn.*

I've also got pictures of the tank and the shawl even though those haven't been touched since last week.

*Can you tell I finally figured out the macro function on the camera? Turns out that reading dozens of digi camera reviews last night paid off. Hopefully with some better photography.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Lovely pics, I especially like the RPM socks. I still don't know what all the features on my camera are!!

7/22/2006 04:01:00 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

That sock is beautiful! Good travel choice.

7/22/2006 07:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are lovely. Eye of the Partridge is one of my heels also. I like how it interrupts variegated yarns.

Pinwheel shawl looks pretty good, too. Have you worked on the shawl lately?

-Chelle

7/22/2006 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. forgot the word 'favorite'. Eye of partridge is one of my favorite heels.

Congrats on the great exam results!

7/22/2006 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home