Monday, July 31, 2006

Just when you think life can't get any busier

I realized today that it has been over a week since my last post. Every since I got back from Houston, I have been unreasonably busy. This weekend we drove across the state for a family reunion which was very nice. This weekend is off. The following Friday is the big event for work that has been in the works since January. Then on Saturday and Sunday we are traveling for another family reunion. The weekend after that, my parents have invited us to join them up north (5+ hours) for a weekend at a cabin. I declined - I am too busy. I need to weed my garden before the pernicious vines in the garden overtake it completely . It seems like every time I turn around there is another obligation that lands at my feet. With Eric working 14+ hour days 6 days a week, the workload around the house isn't getting any better. (I'm not complaining, at least not that much). I just wish that I had more time for myself. Since becoming a parent, that is the one thing I miss more than I ever thought I would. Aside from all of the self-pity, life is treating me quite well. I finally nailed down a baby sitter for the night of the pro baseball game that I got invited to attend for work. It should be fun, I think there are about 150 attending the game. At least a few of my favorite people will be there, along with the creepy guy who turns into an octopus when drunk. But, it is a baseball game and I keep debating the merits of bringing a sock to work on, but it is a work function... At least there will be dinner and drinks beforehand. Contrary to all evidence, I have been knitting. But unfortunately, you will have to wait for proof. I am too lazy to dig out the WIP and take pictures today. I have turned the second heel on the RPM socks. This is such a fun pattern to knit. It really is perfect for a handpaint. I have started the armhole shaping on the back of the tank. I am still not sure how I am liking the changes I made. Even though I decreased the stitches throughout the pattern, it somehow looks disproportionate. I will just have to ride it out. It would be perfect if I could wear it to the ball game, which is in a week. I need to get cracking!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Just wanted to say that I hear ya on the busyness. Hang in there. Life will eventually slow down... when we're in our 80s and just can't keep up with the kiddos any more!

Hope you can get a little r&r time for yourself. I try to remind myself that I can't save the world unless I first save myself. Just be sure there's a little Kris time in there so you can keep going at such a rocket pace. I know that's easier said than done, but I think you're perfectly right to feel that you need it and things aren't right when you don't have what you need... even if that's a nap!

Hope you're having a nice, relaxing weekend!

8/05/2006 08:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah my summer's been insaaane. A Wedding that was a days drive away on one weekend, family reunion that was two days drive away two weeks later, birthdays (and birthdays and birthdays...) and that's only naming a few things.

I'm hoping it'll all calm down for us both come September!

8/12/2006 04:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home