Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sign me up

I spent a good part of my holiday weekend looking at other blogging options. There are many good things about blogger that I like, especially the ability to modify almost every part of my blog by digging into the html. However, I am completely enamored of some features that blogger doesn't have. I want the ability to reply to comments I receive a la Typepad. I would love to have static pages that are outside of the blog hierarchy like Wordpress. Then I found it. Blogger Beta. While I am much to lazy to move things over, I am quite excited about what it will have to offer. It looks like it will have the drag and drop customization that Wordpress has. It can integrate html into it unlike Wordpress. It does not have static pages. But, curiosity did indeed kill the cat and is quite like to to be the death of me (either that or the sudden avalanche of wool). So, long and short of it is that I want a cooler url and now I have one. http://www.houseofwool.blogspot.com/ Come on over and check it out. It will be undergoing some refurbishing as I get into the groove of CSS. Does anyone out there know of a good cheat sheet? I have a great one for HTML but the new blogger is CSS based. Let me know what you think. New posts will go up there. If I get ambitious, I will try to move some of the old ones over, but that probably won't happen any time soon. Update bloglines and see you on the other page!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

So I tried to leave a couple of comments on your Blogger Beta page and no luck. I think the design features on it are great, but maybe there are bugs still.

9/09/2006 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Thanks for checking my math - yes, it's 0.5625 hats per week. I divided 2.25 by 2 instead of 4. Geez, and I'm a statistician.....

9/11/2006 09:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new site...computeers were supposed to make everything easier, right? I wonder what happened...

9/12/2006 02:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home